Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Love Letter

You were swimming in and out of my mind. I have not realized that it has been close to a year since I saw you. We moved on with our lives yes, but I never really forgot you.

You are now a blurry afterthought but you keep creeping in like a one-night stand hoping for a wedding ring.

Ah, Singapore.

Your greenery is what attracted me the most, like a pair of china eyes. The quiet buzz of your city epitomizes the quiet harmony that your multicultural society nestles. No traffic and more importantly, no loudmouths whose ego seem directly proportional to the size of their cars--and indirectly proportional to the size of their grey matter. We got plenty of that here in Dubai.

You move about with grace and dignity. Your clean streets and corners are akin to a woman who is immaculately perfumed. To resist you is futile.

Your jewels--ah, yes your jewels. Sentosa island must be the diamond necklace. Quite lavish. No wonder all flock to see it. But for me it is the naughty Lorong that seduces. It shows your other side. You know perfect beauty is nice to view from afar but it is the little imperfections that are confidently carried is what attracts me more. It is the personality, dear not the image.

For now I must bid adieu. The city that I am married to is calling. In the event that one year must pass again before I find time to write you, I deeply apologize. It is me not you. But be content with the fact that in these fast times, for one fleeting moment I did find time to write you. I do remember you. Like one gentle yet fleeting affair.

No comments:

Post a Comment